Arpan is a registered organisation working in Mumbai towards prevention and healing of child sexual abuse through multiple programmes. It began working on the issue in June 2006 and has reached out to over 12,000 adults and children so far. Driven by passion and commitment to the cause Arpan has been diligently working on the issue by addressing parents, teachers, children and mental health professionals.
The organisation is currently looking for a Programme Coordinator — Prevention Unit, see details below:
PROGRAMME COORDINATOR — PREVENTION UNIT
Terms of employment: Full time employment.
Reports to: Programme Manager, Prevention Unit
Job Purpose: The purpose of this role is to coordinate and play a support role to the Programme Manager and team of the prevention unit in order to facilitate resource development, effective and efficient planning, implementing and monitoring of prevention projects.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for receiving and responding to all queries from external stakeholders and prospective clients regarding prevention unit projects and forwarding the same to the respective project staff members for further follow up.
- Responsible for coordinating all the projects in the prevention unit, including awareness sessions, events, Personal Safety Education Programme, college level prevention projects and capacity building initiatives.
- Play a supportive role to the Programme Manager in module development for the prevention activities and workshops with various stakeholder groups like civil society organizations, educational institutions, colleges, governmental and non governmental agencies etc.
- Responsible for identifying and training potential multi-lingual trainers for the awareness, college based and Capacity-building projects of Prevention Unit.
- Responsible for conducting awareness sessions, college modules, capacity building initiatives with various interested colleges, institutions and governmental and non governmental agencies, civil society groups etc with support from the team of multi-lingual trainers.
- Play a supportive role to the CEO and Programme Manager for raising funds and other resources for events.
- Be the primary point of contact within Arpan for any event-related activities
- Be responsible for supervising the day to day implementation and staff performance on the various of the prevention unit projects and report the same to the Programme Manager through the organisational update formats.
- Play a supportive role to the Programme Manager to prepare fortnight and monthly reports for submission to the CEO.
- Ensure that the Project Officers submit the data from the feedback, pre and post test formats for the various projects to the Research Unit within the stipulated time line.
- Play support role to the Programme Manager in finalizing a process document for the projects of the Prevention Unit as well as a process manual for the various awareness, PSE and capacity building modules.
Salary: As per market standards and relevant academic qualifications and experiential background of the selected candidate
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Post Graduate degree in Sociology/ Social Work/Social Entrepreneurship and other related disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the development sector preferably in areas of child rights, trafficking etc, wherein the candidate has shown capacity in handling coordination, capacity building, staff management and direct implementation and monitoring of programmes.
- Candidate should comfortable with extensive local travel and flexible working hours.
- Candidate should be a team player
- Candidate should present leadership and team management qualities
- Should be assertive and positive communicator
- Should present a working knowledge of English, Hindi and Marathi(preferable)
- Should be comfortable with working on computers and internet
- Should be a good negotiator and networker
- Should be able to work towards targets
If you are interested, please send your resume with 2 references by February 28, 2011 to email@example.com. Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly and no correspondence with regard to the status of application will be encouraged.