Posted on 03 May 2011.
Sankalp is a global platform that aims to catalyse impact investments into sustainable and scalable enterprises.
Established in 2009 with support from the Rockefeller Foundation, the Sankalp Forum is designed to discover, support and connect sustainable and investible social business models with impact investors.
The two-day event — to be held on May 5-6 this year — will bring together an eco-system of stakeholders that are interested in furthering social impact and entrepreneurship through market-based approaches.
The event will also see the Sankalp Awards, conferred upon sustainable, profitable and scalable social enterprises each year, recognising the level of impact created by innovative business models in the categories: 1) Agriculture, Food and Rural Innovations 2) Clean Energy 3) Education 4) Health, Water and Sanitation 5) Technology for Development
For details, read Sankalp Forum 2011.
Also read about Sankalp 2010
Posted in Open Space, events
Posted on 01 April 2011.
UnLtd India is looking for exceptional individuals with ideas for social change. Their incubation programme provides start-up social entrepreneurs in and around Mumbai with:
- Start up funding
- Hands-on assistance in critical areas like business and financial planning, fundraising, legal structures and governance
- Connections to peers, experts and leaders
- Are you over the age of 16?
- Are you a resident of India?
- Do you have the passion and the drive to make positive social change?
- Do you have an idea or an existing project (that hasn’t been legally registered for more than four years)?
If you’ve answered yes to all of these questions, email email@example.com or call 022 3216 3287 to receive the Unltd India application packet. You’ll then:
- Submit your application
- Meet one of our team members
- Present in front of an interview panel
You can also email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 022-3216 3287.
To know more about Unltd India, visit www.unltdindia.org
Application deadline: April 30, 2011
Posted in Open Space